Bangkok to Chiang Mai It is the most popular train route. Chiang Mai is one of the top attractions that tourists visit. From Bangkok to Chiang Mai, the distance is 693 kilometers. It takes about 11-14 hours by train. Tickets for this route are booked quickly. we recommend booking your train ticket in advance. Ticket booking is available 30 days in advance.
When you travel to Thailand, we recommend you travel to Chiang Mai by train. Because it is a safe and inexpensive trip.
You can start your journey from Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal This is the starting point of a train journey in Thailand.
Click hear : How to go Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal
Train timetable from Bangkok to Chiang Mai
We Updated the Train Timetable on 7/11/2023. You can check the Train Timetable update in real-time from Online Booking.
- There are 5 direct train services a day from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.
|SP 7||Krung Thep Aphiwat – Chiang Mai||09:05||19:30|
|RP 109||Krung Thep Aphiwat – Chiang Mai||14:15||04:05|
|SP 9||Krung Thep Aphiwat – Chiang Mai||18:40||07:15|
|SP 13||Krung Thep Aphiwat – Chiang Mai||20:05||08:40|
|EX 51||Krung Thep Aphiwat – Chiang Mai||22:30||12:10|
Book train tickets online
E-Tickets train ticket booking system in Thailand. You can choose your seat online.
- After booking and Payment are completed. You receive an E-ticket pdf file. via email confirming your seats, train number, and travel time. if you did not receive your e-ticket? Please check your Spam folder
- Save the E-Ticket on your Mobile or Print the E-Ticket on Paper. The E-Ticket is a valid boarding pass and can be used to board the train at the station of departure.
How to use the train e-ticket for Travel.
- Arrive at the station 30-60 minutes before the scheduled departure time, locate the platform, and wait for the boarding call.
- Present your E-Ticket from your Mobile or Paper to the conductor before boarding the train. You may be required to show your passport and verify your ID.
Popular train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai
Sleeper Train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai
The recommended train for traveling to Chiang Mai is Train number 9. is the most popular sleeper train running from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, offering Air-Conditioned First class and Second class. You can sleep comfortably throughout the journey.
Chiang Mai Train Station Map
Plan your trip from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and Book Train Ticket in advance.